Wednesday

WOW!

Its the fifth day of the Olympics and unless you have been living under a rock you have seen untold number of amazing and dramatic stories of human performance. I don't know about you, but I find inspiration in all of it. The winning, the losing, the drama, and especially the surprise and unknown of it all.
In our lives we often feel like we want to know what will happen before we even start. We have thoughts like, I have to make sure this will be successful before I even start or how can I be sure I wont fail?
Truth is that unknown is what makes life interesting. What if we already knew the results of all the Olympic events before we sat down to watch? It would be so much less interesting, dare I say boring? What about for the athletes? What if they knew for sure what would happen before they even competed? What would be the point of even showing up? No point really, and no real satisfaction. Real satisfaction and success comes out of working hard, taking risks, navigating the unknown, doing the best that you can and seeing what happens. This is one of the secrets of high performers.

No comments: